How to make sure content you add to Wikipedia is not a copyright violation? — WANG YIHUA
Summary
To ensure that the content I add to Wikipedia doesn't violate copyright, I will first carefully read the editing guidelines to ensure my edits comply with the relevant regulations. I will select topics that I am familiar with and have authoritative sources, and I will ensure that the content is either original or appropriately cited. I will avoid directly copying content from other sources and will use material that meets Wikipedia's free licensing requirements. Before editing, I will review the page's edit history to avoid infringing on previous editors' copyrights. Finally, I will follow the review process, respecting the contributions and collaboration principles of other editors, to enhance the quality and credibility of the content.
Interesting point
Editing Wikipedia differs from HTML editing in that its formatting is subject to rigorous review. Therefore, it's crucial to carefully read the editing guidelines for entries. While external links can be incorporated into the content, originality is paramount. These links can also be added to reference materials and external reading sections. Please ensure to articulate content in your own language and refrain from directly copying text. Content primarily composed of copied material may raise copyright infringement concerns and is unlikely to pass review.
Discussion
The editing work on Wikipedia requires a higher level of writing proficiency, so what are some good methods for people with poor writing skills?
What if we provide templates for writing articles on Wikipedia? If we do this, even beginners can easily use Wikipedia. Many people are already using it, but through this, even more people are expected to use it, resulting in obtaining much more abundant and accurate information.
ReplyDeleteThank you very much for your suggestion! Providing templates for Wikipedia articles is a great idea that will help more people get involved in editing Wikipedia. If you have the URL or any other resources for these templates, please share them with me. I would greatly appreciate it. This will give me a better understanding and enable me to better support the implementation of this idea.
Delete