W1.1 March 4 Intro class: intro to class, blog, wiki and other assignments——LI MENGRU
1.Summary
Why are you taking the class?
Last semester, I had the privilege of attending two courses taught by the professor: "Media Trends and Globalization" and "Understanding Small and Big Data with Wikis."I believe that these courses provide me with unique learning opportunities and help me understand the collective wisdom phenomenon in the Internet from a sociological perspective. Wikipedia is a vivid example of collective wisdom. Through these courses, I will have the opportunity to deeply understand the concept, working principle and development history of Wikipedia and its related sisters websites, and explore the development and operation of Wikipedia from a sociological perspective. This will help me to have a more comprehensive understanding of the characteristics and development trends of the information society, and provide strong support for my future academic and career development. I believe that through the study of these courses, I will be able to better understand and adapt to the changes in the information age, thereby laying a solid foundation for my academic and professional career.
What PRACTICAL SKILLS do you expect to gain from attention it?
Editing Wikipedia requires in-depth research and analysis of the edited topic to ensure accurate and reliable information is provided. This helps to cultivate independent thinking and critical thinking abilities. When writing clear, accurate, and concise articles, it has also improved my writing and editing skills, cultivating effective communication skills. And I really hope to work together with global volunteers to edit and improve articles, cultivate the ability to cooperate and collaborate in a team. Being able to engage in cross-cultural communication and understanding with other excellent editors in different countries and cultural backgrounds is also a skill that I hope to acquire.
Comments
Post a Comment