W8.1

1.Summary

"Wikipedia: Reliable Sources" is a guideline for Wikipedia's website, which sets out the criteria for determining the sources of reliable information available in Wikipedia articles. It provides guidance on assessing the reliability of sources in various contexts, while emphasizing the importance of using reputable, independent, and verifiable sources.

2. What I felt

So far, I've thought of the news as a reliable source, but I've noticed that I need to check multiple independent sources in practice. While prompt updates are important, I've noticed that it might be better to wait than spread some carefully unchecked information. Initial reporting of the news may have limited accuracy, so you'll have to consider a reliable supplementary source.

3. discussion

While the importance of editing needed to balance the importance of up-to-date information with the validity of historical information has been highlighted, concrete guidance on how to do this in practice seems lacking.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

W10.2 May 10 (Fri)—CHENG SHIYI

W1.1 Intro class: intro to class, blog, wiki and other assignments——CHENG SHIYI

W4.1 March 25 (Mon)——LI MENGRU