W13.2 May 31(Fri) - Hong gyeongmin(홍경민)


1)

This document provides guidelines on how to correctly use the categorization features of Wikipedia. It explains the guidelines for proposing the deletion, merging, or renaming of categories for discussion. Additionally, it is a useful document to refer to before extensively reclassifying existing categories or creating a large number of new ones.

There are a few rules for categorizing. First, naming: when choosing a name for a category, special care must be taken to select an accurate name. Most categories prefer short and simple names, but sometimes it is necessary to deviate from this principle for clarity. Second, page classification: every Wikipedia page, except for talk pages, redirects, and user pages, should belong to at least one category where appropriate. Each categorized page should be placed in all the most specific categories to which it logically belongs.

There is also the category tree structure. Categories form a nested tree structure by creating links between related categories. That is, any category can include subcategories, and a category can be a subcategory of more than one 'parent' category.

 

2)

I found it interesting that there are many steps involved in organizing categories. For example, I thought it would be sufficient to create a 'k-pop' category for articles about idols. However, I realized that assigning such a limited category makes it difficult to establish connections with other articles, so it is necessary to assign more specific categories.

 

3)

In category naming, there are cases that deviate from the principle for clarity. Please explain an example that deviates from the principle you think. 

Comments

  1. I thought it would be enough to make a link and sort out posts about idols, but I realized that it's hard to establish a connection with other writings with such a limited category. So I need to sort it into more specific categories.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

W10.2 May 10 (Fri)—CHENG SHIYI

W1.1 Intro class: intro to class, blog, wiki and other assignments——CHENG SHIYI

W4.1 March 25 (Mon)——LI MENGRU