W15.2 June 14 — WANG YIHUA
What did I learn while editing Wikipedia?
In the process of editing Wikipedia, I learned how to edit correctly, became an honest Wikipedia volunteer, and mastered editing skills. This includes searching and verifying reliable sources of information, adhering to the principle of neutrality, and adhering to Wikipedia's editorial rules and community guidelines. In addition, I have learned how to effectively communicate and collaborate with other editors, ways to resolve editing conflicts, and how to use various tools and templates from Wikipedia to improve editing efficiency and item quality. Through this process, I deeply appreciate the importance of knowledge sharing and cooperation, and feel a sense of achievement and responsibility in participating in the construction of a global knowledge base.
How is this assignment different from more traditional student assignments?
This assignment is significantly different from traditional assignments. The typical assignment is to write a report or complete other written tasks, which are only reviewed and graded by the teacher after submission. However, Wikipedia editing is not just a learning task, it is an open and ongoing contribution. By editing Wikipedia, I can not only leave my editing trail on the internet, but also provide accurate and useful information to readers worldwide, truly helping others.
This practical assignment allows me to apply the knowledge I have learned to practical scenarios and solve real-world problems. By constantly searching for information, verifying information, writing and editing entries, I have improved my abilities in information retrieval, analysis, and writing. In addition, I have learned how to effectively communicate, collaborate with other editors, and handle editing conflicts, which will be of great help to my future learning and work.
The process of editing Wikipedia has made me feel that my work is meaningful. I feel a great sense of achievement when I see my edited entries being cited or receiving positive reviews from others. This is not only a recognition of my knowledge level, but also a manifestation of a sense of social responsibility. I realize that my efforts can provide useful resources for others, and even to some extent affect their knowledge acquisition and cognition.
This form of homework has also stimulated my self-learning ability and curiosity. In order to edit high-quality entries, I need to constantly learn new knowledge and explore the backgrounds and details of various topics. This process of exploration and learning has not only limited me to textbook knowledge, but also expanded my horizons and cultivated my ability to think independently and solve problems.
So I believe that practical assignments like Wikipedia editing not only enriched my learning experience, but also made me realize the importance of knowledge sharing and collaboration. I am not only a learner of knowledge, but also a disseminator of knowledge. This experience has filled me with confidence and motivation for the future, because I know that my efforts and contributions are valuable, able to leave meaningful footprints in the online world and make positive contributions to society.
Is it more fun?
I think it's really interesting. It's no longer the kind of boring theoretical classes and difficult to understand classroom content. And this kind of homework will not bring me pressure and cause psychological discomfort. Therefore, I believe that this course is the most worthwhile investment of effort.
Comments
Post a Comment