W15.2
What did I learn while editing Wikipedia? How is this assignment different from more traditional student assignments?
I learned a lot from the weekly contributing assignment to Wikipedia. First, I learned how important it is to ensure that information is reliable and accurate. Wikipedia has developed a habit of finding the right information and ensuring that the information is authentic because anyone can modify the content. It is also a place where many people work together, and as a result, we communicate and exchange feedback with others, we realized the importance of cooperation. As I wrote and fixed the process, I improved my writing skills and started to pay more attention to grammar and spelling. By deciding on a topic and delving into it, I gained a lot of new knowledge. This assignment is different from ordinary school assignments. Contributing to Wikipedia is not just for scoring points, but for improving the information that many people actually see. So I could feel that my work is beneficial to the world. Usually assignments are only received from teachers and professors, but Wikipedia can be viewed from a wide range of people all over the world. It has helped me understand and accept different perspectives. In addition, the Wikipedia contribution task was very helpful in enhancing the ability to study by oneself, as one had to choose a topic, research, and write. Through this task, one has learned not only writing skills but also online collaboration skills and material search skills, which will be useful in many future tasks. The experience and knowledge gained through this task will be of great help to the future.
Is it more fun?
The contributing task to Wikipedia was more interesting than any other ordinary task. I felt proud of the fact that my post was posted on Wikipedia, which is used by many people. Although only professors can see my post on ordinary assignments, Wikipedia gave me the feeling that my work actually affects the world. Also, it was fun to be able to freely choose and explore topics that interest me. In this process, I was able to learn a lot of new knowledge. I also felt the importance of cooperation in the process of sharing opinions and exchanging feedback with others. Lastly, it was more interesting because the process of selecting topics, self-researching, and writing was autonomous. Such a contributing task to Wikipedia was actually a special experience that helped the world, reflected my interests, and made me feel the joy of collaboration and self-directed learning.
Comments
Post a Comment